Friday, January 28, 2011

Mindless Ramblings

First batch of the year is kegged, on tap, and going down fine. I brewed an English bitter, leaning towards ESB. I hit about 4.5% which makes for a great session beer and this is going down easy.
The magic ingredient in this batch was 1.5 cups of Golden Grahams cereal. Not sure how much it may or may not have added but after listing to Basic Brewing Podcast on using cereal grains I wanted to try something different for myself.

Next up, my go-to Weizen recipe. Not sure where I first started with this recipe but I've tweaked it slightly over the last 3 or 4 batches and I'm very satisfied with where the recipe now sits.

Did I mention how much I'm diggin' my kegerator? I was a little worried about blowing the house up when I started but now it seems so simple. I highly recommend kegging when you're ready for the next level. Cleaning and sanitizing one container is a helluva lot easier than cleaning and sanitizing 4 dozen containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment